What do I know?
I will be taking a small break to spend my “jumping into a new decade of life” …in a place no one can sing to me off-key…
…Nor light enough candles to require the Fire Department as back up.
Well…I never thought I would be 50…I don’t feel 50… I certainly don’t act it! And a little warning …This too may happen to you!
I have learned a few things along the way that I thought I might share before I go… or before I forget? You might find them helpful if you wake up one day and suddenly find you are 50.
1) Just when you think you have seen it all…you most definitely haven’t…and you probably won’t really want to…
2) When you cross the line, make sure it’s worth it… cause there’s no going back…the birds ate the bread crumbs.
3) Don’t talk about someone unkindly, chances are really good they’ll be standing behind you
4) If you look your worst, there is no doubt…you will definitely run into someone you don’t want to…and they will look fabulous!
5) Don’t ever get even…get better 😉
6) Always do your best and take pride in knowing you did…even when you fail miserably…and there are witnesses
7) Remember every action has a consequence…Is that donut with the pink icing worth the double chin? Look in the mirror …and keep your eyes open.
8) Never waste time on people who do not believe in you…you don’t have enough time left to explain why they should.
9) You can still be cool, even without a tattoo…as long as you don’t have a comb-over or wear knee highs.
10) You’re truest friends will never hurt you, leave the rest behind…in a dumpster.
11) Offer grace to even those who don’t deserve it…it may get you upgraded to first class when boarding for Heaven.
12) Love openly, laugh loudly, smile often…it scares people and gives you more personal space
13) Forget the small stuff , by now you’re too old to either fit into it or remember it anyway 😉
Lucky 13 so that’s all I got! Now heading out to the Land of Enchantment 😉